Junior League of Chicago partners with community organizations, non-profits, schools, and parks, allowing them to better achieve their missions.
- The Junior League of Chicago is dedicated to strengthening and transforming our community through effective action and leadership of well-trained volunteers.
- Over 1,100 volunteers are actively engaged in our focus initiative, which is to increase awareness and encourage healthy lifestyles, particularly the reduction of childhood obesity, in the Chicago community and its surrounding suburbs.
- Through collaboration and community engagement, we seek to remove the many barriers to success which limit the ability of disadvantaged children and families to improve themselves and their community.
- Each year, The Junior League of Chicago donates over 125,000 volunteer hours to community agencies and programs that support child welfare and education.
- In addition, the JLC raises thousands of dollars each year to fund our 10 community projects. For more than a century, the JLC has diligently worked to empower at-risk families—especially women and girls—through hands-on mentoring, advocacy and education.
The Junior League of Chicago partners with organizations throughout the Chicagoland area to support at-risk women and children. If you would like to have your organization considered for a future Junior League Chicago Community project or volunteer event, please tell us about your organization. A JLC member will reach out to you within 72 hours of your submission. Thank you.