Below are some resources we have found to be helpful during this uncertain time.
- 7 Ways to Keep Peace of Mind Amid Coronavirus Fears and Worries from the American Medical Association
- How to Sweat, Stretch, and Breathe During Social Isolation from Chicago Mag
- Take a look at this list of books that the JLC’s Lit Chicks have read over the past couple of years.
- This Stay Home, Take Care toolkit curated by Girls Night In is jam-packed with resources for this difficult time. It includes ways to connect virtually with others, self-care tips, and even resources for parents.
Music and Arts:
- Live Virtual Concerts
- Museums with Virtual Tours
- Virtual Comedy Shows and Teambuilding Workshops from Chicago’s ComedySportz Theater
Virtual Field Trips:
- San Diego Zoo
- Zoo Atlanta Panda Cam
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo
- Reid Park Zoo Lion Cam in Tuscon, AZ
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Georgia Aquarium
- National Aquarium Virtual Tour
- Virtual Tour of the Seattle Aquarium
- Scholastic Learn at Home: Free Resources for School Closures
- Khan Academy COVID-19 school closure resource
Federal, City and State Resources: