The Junior League, one of the oldest, largest and most effective women’s volunteer organizations in the world, has matured and evolved since it was founded by social activism pioneer Mary Harriman in 1901.
The Junior League of Chicago was founded in 1912 by Lucy McCormick Blair Linn. The initial focus was to interest young women in the industrial and social issues of the city, research ways to effectively address those issues and to bring about positive change, and to set an example for others about the importance of civic welfare.
Our Mission: The Junior League of Chicago is an organization of women whose mission is to advance women’s leadership for meaningful community impact through volunteer action, collaboration, and training. The Junior League of Chicago, Inc. reaches out to women of all races, religions and national origins who demonstrate an interest in and a commitment to voluntarism.
Our Vision: The Junior League: Women Around the World as Catalysts for Lasting Community Change.
Our commitment has remained unwavering: to develop exceptionally qualified civic leaders who can identify a community’s most urgent and pressing needs and address them with meaningful and relevant programs and initiatives that not only improve lives, but change the way people think.
- Commitment to the Community: The Junior League of Chicago is passionate about the causes we support. Our commitment includes advocacy, development, collaboration and service.
- Respect for Individuals: Junior League of Chicago members treat each other, those with whom we work and those we serve, with respect and dignity.
- Welcoming: The Junior League of Chicago welcomes all women who wish to serve the community, embracing their ideas, differences and contributions.
- Mentoring: Junior League of Chicago members share their experiences and expertise with one another, and with those we work with and serve.
- Thoughtful Risk-Taking: The Junior League of Chicago provides training and a safe environment for responsible and thoughtful risk-taking.
- Camaraderie: The Junior League of Chicago is an organization where members enjoy their experience, developing personally and professionally.
The Junior League of Chicago, Inc. is funded by generous contributions from its members, the public and corporate donors. The organization raises most of its funds through fundraising events and individual contributions to the Annual Fund. One hundred percent of every dollar contributed to these fundraising events supports the mission of the Junior League of Chicago.
2022 Platinum Transparency Seal
The Junior League of Chicago is looking to hiring a Interim Operations Director as our current Operations Director is moving. The job description can be found here. If you are interested in applying, please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.