The Junior League of Chicago’s Advocacy Council identifies and researches policy issues important to the JLC, advocating on its behalf. It builds coalitions with like-minded organizations and promotes awareness and dialogue among JLC membership and the community.
The Advocacy Council educates League Members, community organizations, and policy-makers on issues facing JLC members and the communities we serve. Our Advocacy Council’s work falls into the following categories:
- Draft policy recommendations
- Act as JLC liaisons with local, state, and federal elected officials and policymakers
- Host voter registration drives and provide resources about upcoming elections
- Educate members and the general public on opportunities to advocate on policy issues directly impacting our community focus areas.
The Junior League has three focus areas in the Community, and you can read more about each in the following Advocacy Papers (coming soon):
- Meeting Essential Needs
- Violence Prevention & Awareness