Marketing and Development Coordinator
The Junior League of Chicago (JLC) is a metropolitan organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving the community through effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. The JLC has over 1,300 members that reside in the city of Chicago as well as in the Chicagoland suburbs who work to empower at-risk families—especially women and girls—through hands-on mentoring, advocacy and education.
Position Summary: The JLC is seeking a Marketing and Development Coordinator to coordinate and provide assistance with internal and external marketing initiatives and with all development activities and events, including fundraisers, sponsorship, corporate relationships, annual fund and grant writing. As a member of the full-time JLC staff, this position reports directly to the Operations Director and serves as a liaison to the Marketing Council and Development Council.
- Maintain (in partnership with the Marketing Council) the website for the Junior League of Chicago. Manage all website content including the online store.
- Create (in partnership with the Marketing Council), edit and distribute primary internal and external communications including:
- Weekly (JLC Connections) and other scheduled e-blast membership communications,
- the annual report,
- the annual meeting program,
- social media postings, and
- other marketing communications.
- Maintain and enforce the JLC Style Guide and all templated JLC materials in partnership with the Marketing Council.
- Review and edit all event communications including save-the-date notices, invitations, event signage, silent auction bid sheets, raffle materials, and other event related marketing materials in conjunction with the Marketing and Development Vice Presidents and Operations Director.
- Serve as a liaison to all event committees for event logistics, vendor relationships, caterers, bands, venues and beverage sponsors, including:
- supporting JLC volunteers to successfully produce well run fundraising events for the JLC
- accepting and tracking deliveries for events, and
- managing event equipment and supplies stored at headquarters.
- Maintain accurate records of all event ticket purchasers, in-kind donations, and annual fund donors through data entry into Digital Cheetah database, CRM or Google Docs as requested by Development Vice Presidents and Chairs including:
- producing monthly, weekly, daily or adhoc reports for leadership, and
- reconciling and managing in-kind donations.
- Provide stewardship (in partnership with the Fundraising Director and Operations Director) to the JLC’s donor management program including:
- identifying major donors and donor trends,
- preparing acknowledgments of all in-kind and individual donations including corporate and foundation contributions,
- create and maintain solicitation packet for membership to use, and
- educate membership on fundraising and solicitation best practices.
- Oversee inventory for JLC Merchandise, including tracking and distributing merchandise.
- Monitor and make approved adjustments to the online store for all event ticket sales, annual fund donations, merchandise and other fundraising purchases.
- Frequently communicate with members of the Junior League of Chicago, including the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Vice Presidents and Chairs, as well as donors and sponsors.
- Attend monthly Marketing Council and Development Council committee meetings.
- Attend and work all fundraising and general meeting events and provide on-site support with door ticket sales, silent auction and raffle check out, and other support as needed.
- Proficient with:
- WordPress for website editing,
- newsletter communication tools, such as MailChimp,
- the Adobe Software suite, including PhotoShop and InDesign,
- social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn,
- a database management system, such as Digital Cheetah,
- a fundraising software, such as OneCause,
- a donor management or customer relationship management tool, and
- Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills with strong editing and writing skills, including a demonstrated ability to act professionally in verbal and written correspondence.
- Excellent project management skills (timeline, budget, procedure, reporting, evaluation) and a sense of urgency with the ability to meet deadlines, multitask and provide effective follow-up.
- Expert attention to detail and accuracy.
- Flexibility to work independently as well as the ability to communicate across teams.
- Flexibility to work with a diverse organization of individuals.
- At least two to five years of relevant communications and event or fundraising experience, preferably within a not-for-profit organization.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Position is located at the JLC Headquarters in the historical Gold Coast of Chicago, located at 1447 North Astor Street, Chicago, IL 60610.
- Available to work evening and weekend hours, as needed. Anticipated four nights of evening commitments each month.
Resumes may be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The Junior League of Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and offer a competitive salary and benefits package. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.