Join the Junior League of Chicago. Members share a commitment to voluntarism and building a better community.
WHO IS THE JUNIOR LEAGUE OF CHICAGO?
We are women, mothers, and daughters, students and graduates, activists and philanthropists, dreamers and believers. From all generations, all walks of life, bound by a single goal: to improve the health and well-being of women, children, and families in our city. Women in the Junior League of Chicago come from all parts of the metropolitan area and from all walks of life. Members do not need “sponsorship” from current members in order to join, only to follow the steps outlined below. This diverse organization welcomes and celebrates women of all backgrounds, as each member brings a unique perspective to our organization and enriches our League. Members share a commitment to voluntarism and building a better community.
THERE IS A FOUR-STEP PROCESS OF BECOMING A JLC MEMBER
- Fill out the Prospective Member Information Form. Once you complete this form, you will receive a confirmation email. The link in the confirmation email will take you to the Prospective Member Information Session Calendar, where you can select a date to attend a Prospective Member Information Session.
- Attend one Prospective Member Information Session.
- Complete the Additional Prospective Information Form, and pay dues to reserve your spot in the JLC Associate Course.*
- Complete a six-month Associate Course
AVAILABLE DATES FOR PROSPECTIVE MEMBER INFORMATION SESSIONS
Attendance at a Prospective Member Information Session is a pre-requisite for membership in the JLC. At the PMIS, current JLC leaders will provide more information about the JLC’s mission, community projects, events, and membership dues.
June 2019 Astor Associate Course PMIS Dates
- Saturday, March 2 – 11:00 – 12:00 PM
- Wednesday, March 20 – 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM – Webinar
- Friday, March 22 – 12:30 PM – 1:15 PM – Webinar
- Tuesday, March 26 – 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM
- Saturday, April 13 – 11:00 – 12:00 PM
- Dues Submission Deadlines:**
- June Astor Associate Course: April 15
*Please note, all paid dues and fees are non-refundable. There are no refunds. This applies to all ticket purchases and items.
**There is a size limit on each Associate Class, and admission to the class may be closed prior to that deadline.
If you have already attended a PMIS event but did not join the JLC at that time, you do not need to attend another PMIS to be eligible to join. If you have specific questions, please do not hesitate to call or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information.
THE JLC ASSOCIATE COURSE
About six weeks before your Associate Course begins, you will hear from both JLC Headquarters and the Associate Course Committee leaders. You will be provided with information about your Associate Course Counselor, and some dates to save for the first few weeks of the Associate Course. Prior to the start of the course, you will also begin to receive the JLC’s weekly e-newsletter, Connections.
Your first six months of membership is known as the Associate Course. The purpose of this first-year training is to expose each volunteer to the various community and In-League activities of The Junior League of Chicago.
Six Month focus:
- Educate new members on the volunteer opportunities available in the League
- Help them select a fulfilling area to focus their time and efforts as Active members
- Introduce them to other women who share their passion and interests
You will be assigned to an Associate Course Counselor who will lead a small group of Associates who are similar to you in life stage, location, etc. The Associate Course Counselor will be able to answer any questions you have throughout the Associate Course and will plan fun activities to help you get to know other members of the League as well as help you pick which Committee you’d like to join.
BENEFITS TO JOINING JLC
- Make positive changes in the Chicago community
- Expand your circle of influence and connect with inspiring women
- Meet new people and form lifelong friendships
- Impact so many lives by giving back effectively and efficiently
- Do good on a regular, ongoing basis
- Experience personal growth and leadership development
- Expand your skill set; speaking, public relations, sales, marketing
- Participate in a well-run organization
Wishing to Reinstate with the Junior Leauge of Chicago?
If you have been away from the League and wish to rejoin our membership, please submit a Reinstatement Request. We will contact you once your request has been reviewed.