The Junior League of Chicago is made up of women from all walks of life bound by a single goal: to improve the health and well-being of women, children, and families in our city.
Interested individuals do not need sponsorship from current members in order to join. Simply follow the steps below or visit our Membership Page for additional information.
How to Become a JLC Member in Four Easy Steps
- Complete the Prospective Member Information Form below. Once you complete this form, you will receive a confirmation email. The link in the confirmation email will take you to the Prospective Member Information Session Calendar, where you can select a date to attend a Prospective Member Information Session.
- Attend one Prospective Member Information Session, or PMIS.
- Complete the Additional Prospective Information Form once you attend a PMIS, and pay dues to reserve your spot in the JLC New Member Course.
- Complete a six-month New Member Course and fulfill necessary obligations to maintain membership status.
Upcoming Prospective Member Information Sessions
Attendance at a Prospective Member Information Session (PMIS) is a prerequisite for membership in the Junior League of Chicago. At the PMIS, current JLC leaders will provide more information about the JLC’s mission, community projects, events, and membership dues. You can sign up for the sessions through the JLC Calendar (you must have filled out the PM Info Form to be able to register for a Session).
Please note: We are still in the process of scheduling our informational sessions for our Summer Class. Please send our Membership and Development Manager, Leah LaDuke (firstname.lastname@example.org), an email if you’d like to be added to our newsletter which will notify you when classes are scheduled.
Paying Membership Dues
Dues are collected on an annual basis. All paid dues and fees are non-refundable. Items purchased as well as ticket purchases are non-refundable. If you have questions or concerns regarding dues, reach out to the Membership Council for support.
Questions About Becoming a Member
If you have already attended a PMIS event but did not join the JLC at that time, you do not need to attend another PMIS to be eligible to join. If you have specific questions, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Junior League of Chicago New Member Course
New Member Courses start twice a year, in January (the Burton Class) and June (the Astor Class). About six weeks before your New Member Course begins, you will hear from both JLC Headquarters and the New Member Course Committee leaders. You will be provided with information about your New Member Mentor, and some dates to save for the first few weeks of the New Member Course. Prior to the start of the course, you will also begin to receive the JLC’s weekly e-newsletter, Connections.
You will complete the New Member Course during your first six months of membership. The purpose of this first-year training is to expose each volunteer to the various community and In-League activities of The Junior League of Chicago with a focus on the following:
- Education on the volunteer opportunities available in the League
- Assisting with selecting a fulfilling area to focus your time and efforts as an Active member
- Introduce you to other women who share your passion and interests
You will be assigned to a New Member Mentor who will lead a small group of New Members. The New Member Mentor will be able to answer any questions you have throughout the New Member Course, will plan fun activities to help you get to know other members of the League, and will help you find your place in the league by choosing the committee that is right for you.
Wishing to Reinstate with the Junior League of Chicago?
If you have been away from the League and wish to rejoin our membership, please submit a Reinstatement Request. We will contact you once your request has been reviewed.